The life throws many challenges at us along the way, hence we grow and get better at dealing with them. This is what we call experience and it is very important. The only way we can gain experience is by getting out hands dirty and feet wet. Putting ourselves in challenging situation is the only way we can get more experiences. When searching for jobs, experience is often measured in number of years. Whether this is a good way of measure can be a discussion, but it seems inevitable that no other metric seems suitable.
When famous people are interviewed, they mention several qualities as responsible for their success. They talk about understanding ones strengths and weaknesses, being passionate, creating oppurtunities, confidence and many other qualities. There is one quality which is atleast as important as others is Perseverance.
There may be a lucky few who may have become successful at their life without much hardwork and perseverance. We call these "the lucky ones". But the majority of successful people have worked exceptionally hard at one thing or the other. What makes them work for long hours? Passion is the answer. Being passionate about what you want to achieve is an important tick you need to get yourself going for those long hours.
Here are a few examples of perseverance:
- The first example which comes to mind is of Thomas Edison. Here are a few quotes by this great man.
- “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
- “Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
- Check out this link from goodreads for more.
- Have you heard about "Angry birds" by Rovio. This is said to be their 51st game and six years. Check out the story.
- In similar ways, you can also find examples of Walt Disney, Henry Ford and other greats.
If you have other good qualities and lack perseverance, then you will not be able to go further in your work.